Look for the Lessons: Selecting and Shaping Powerful Stories
How do you reflect on your life and find wonderful stories? You don’t. Look for the lessons first, and the stories will follow. What’s important is not what you experienced, but what you learned from those experiences. It’s those lessons that shaped you and continue to guide you. And it’s those lesson that others can use to inform their own journeys. In this session, you learn a strategy for mining your life for lessons, finding the experiences that resulted in those lessons, and transforming those experiences into stories that encourages learning and influences behavior.
After this learning experience, participants will be able to:
- Mine your experiences for applicable lessons.
- Use narrative-building tools to construct stories around your lessons.
- Apply strategies for structuring stories to encourage change and performance.
Live, in-person or online
Facilitators, instructional designers, learning leaders
- 45 minutes to an hour
- 15-20-minute speech or keynote
- A shortened version of this session is included in the 3.5-hour course, Selecting and Shaping Compelling Stories for Learning
- A 15-20-minute version of this session can be used talks, speeches, or keynotes